Friday, October 31, 2008

This week

Well, we have had a pretty crazy week this week. Karin started out with what I thought was a cold last Friday. I was just treating her with the normal cold medicines, but it didn't seem to be getting better. She woke up Tuesday morning and just couldn't seem to stop coughing. I called her doctor just to see what he would say. I figured if they wanted to see her and it was just a cold, at least I would know and could keep doing what I was doing. (I was also headed to Greenville on Wednesday for my Grandma's funeral, so I wanted her to be well for that.) Well, the doctor tested her and she was positive for RSV--a pretty serious lung infection...well, it can be serious. He put her on some breathing treatments and told me to bring her back Wednesday morning. If her breathing sounded weird at all, we were to take her to the hospital. I was really scared, but was trying to trust the Lord through it all. She responded well to the treatments and I was given the ok to go to Greenville. She still has a nasty cough, but is doing much better. She is back to her spunky self and is starting to eat better again.
The memorial service for my Grandma went really well. More people came than we expected, and the Lord's grace was evident throughout the service. Please continue to keep praying for my parents as they go through her things and try to get things in order. She will be buried in Illinois next weekend.

No comments: